Unattended Children Policy
Kemmerer Library Harding Township welcomes children of all ages to the Library and strives to offer a warm, inviting place to read, learn and study. We welcome families and, in doing so, affirm the parent’s and/or caregiver’s responsibility for their child’s safety and well–being.
At all times the parent or guardian is responsible for the care and supervision of the child.
The following guidelines must be met:
- Children under the age of 7 years must be accompanied by a caregiver (age 13 or older) at all times.
- Children aged 7-11 may be left alone in the Library for reasonable periods of time, but parents must be aware that the Library cannot care or supervise the children. Parents remain responsible for their children’s behavior and will be contacted if necessary.
- Parents, guardians and caregivers are required to be at the Library no later than 15 minutes before closing to pick up their children.
- Should problems arise, the Library may ask the child to leave or contact a parent. If the Library staff is unable to reach the parents, the Harding Township Police Department will be called.
- All children should carry with them the phone number of a parent or responsible caregiver who is to be contacted in case of emergency.
- Please refer to the Children Safety on the Internet section in the Computer & Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
Adopted July, 2014