Loans, Auto-Renewals, Returns and Fines
What can I borrow from the library and for how long?
|Adult fiction (new and older)||14 days|
|Adult nonfiction||28 days|
|Pre-loaded Kemmerer Kindles||14 days|
|Children’s items||14 days|
|Teen books||14 days|
|eBooks and audio books||10 or 14 days|
Most physical items borrowed from the Library (not e-books/audios) will automatically renew for at least one renewal period, provided:
- you have renewals left on the item
- another patron has not placed a hold on the item
- your library card is in good standing (i.e., your fines on your card do not exceed $10, which would result in a “block” in library borrowing privileges)
- the item is from one of the libraries in the MAIN consortium (i.e., items borrowed from outside of the system are subject to the lending library’s policies)
How many items can I have checked-out on my Library account?
There is a limit of 200 items checked-out on your Library card at one time. There is a limit of 4 downloadable eBooks and/or online audio books checked-out at one time.
Where do I return borrowed Library items?
Return items (other than the Kemmerer Library Kindles) can be returned to any library in the MAIN Library consortium (Morris County, Hunterdon County and Bernards Twp libraries).
Please return Kemmerer Library Kindles directly to the circulation desk.
What are the fees if my Library items are not returned on the due date?
Extended loan fees for “overdue” or late Library items are $.10 per day on most Library books. Overdue Loan fees accrue daily until overdue materials are returned, and may reach a maximum extended loan fee of $5.00 for each item. Late fees will not be assessed on the Library’s closed dates, or when the Library is unexpectedly closed for the entire day due to inclement weather or special circumstances.
How do I pay fees on my Library account?
Fees are paid with cash or checks made payable to “KLHT”. The Library cannot accept credit cards or debit cards for payment.
My borrowed Library item was lost or damaged during my loan period; what do I do?
- Pay the replacement retail price of the item (ask us for the replacement price), or,
- Purchase a replacement copy; the replacement copy must be New (used copies are not accepted as replacements), and an exact match of the lost or damaged item (same ISBN)
If the item is owned by a different library, please contact them for procedures (most of our partner libraries do NOT accept replacement copies). After a lost item is paid or replaced, no refunds are given if the item is later found.H
How do I request an item that is not listed in the Catalog?
- In the Catalog, select “Can’t Find It?” from the menu on the left; select “Request an Item” from the drop down menu
- Visit the Library and place your request
- Call the Library at 973-267-2665